Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Hey There From Chicago!

Boulder, Colorado
Hey there from Chicago!

The last week has been both exhausting and energizing. Within 72 hours, I took three finals, wrote a final essay, graded 100 exams, packed my things, and left Rochester – and somehow managed to shatter only one huge pane of glass all over my room!

It’s been interesting, for sure. My last few days in Rochester were so completely action-packed, I feel like I barely had a chance to say goodbye for the next year. But I suppose I did the things that were actually important (no, this doesn’t include tests): I finally saw Star Wars for the very first time (fittingly, on May the 4th, which was actually totally coincidental – or was it, Chris???), I went to the fantastic Pittsford Dairy (shoutout to Lauren for an awesome time!), forsook sleep and instead stayed up until 4:00 AM before my flight, and bequeathed hundreds of mealplan dollars to my caffeine-addicted friends ;)

Going back to Colorado was something that I desperately needed – and I realized that about three days in. Seeing the mountains again was beyond wonderful, and some goodbyes that I unfortunately missed in August I finally was able to give. And there are some goodbyes I will remember for a very long time. But regardless, my brother graduated from CU Boulder, I saw my lovely grandmother, I saw off Cory and Bradleigh to Granby and Tennessee (y’all are precious), and I got epic, quality time with the cat (most important of all!!).

Flight to Paris leaves on Tuesday (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!)!!!!!!!!!

Chicago, Illinois, USA; 11 May, 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment